Sunday, 18 March 2012

A perfect balance: New Balance





NOT being one for fetish in the norm, I have to admit to having an unhealthy love for New Balance trainers.

I know where is began, my mate’s dad had a grey pair of 570s way back in the mid-1970s and I thought they were spectacular.

Something about the shape, the iconic design and combination of suede and leather was something I had never seen before and that love for the shoe has remained ever since.

So to stumble across the new 577s in red suede with white trim has had the usual affect, I am in love all over again.

The shoe which is reissued from the original in 1989 proudly sports the moniker Made in England on the tongue, they are also handmade in the brands Cumbrian factory, and includes the ENCAP midsole system, which means the shoe is not only ffing stylish, but it is a professional piece of running equipment.