Sunday, 28 September 2008
Melton Wool Naval Pea Coat, military anchor buttons, hand warmer pockets, vented back and nylon quilted lining.
- The wool is 75 percent reprocessed wool, 25 percent nylon and other fibers. The contents are interlocked and pressed together befor the wool is cut to ensure maximum protection against the elements.
- The US Navy Pea Coat was adopted during the early 20th Century, from Britain’s Royal Navy Reefer Jacket. The Royal Navies first regulations for uniforms for other ranks were issued in 1857, a century after the regulations for officers and this garment was originally used by Midshipmen ( Reefers ).
- These crewmen had to climb the rigging and furl and unfurl, or ‘reef’, the sails of the sailing ships of the era. The jacket was short, to allow ease of movement through the rigging. It had a double-breasted front, which displaced the buttons to each side. This helped reduce the chance of them getting caught on ropes, as the wearer maneuvered the sails
The pockets were often close to vertical, and over the flanks, rather than horizontal and at wrist level. It was made of a very heavy wool, in dark Navy blue, with a nap on the face side.The success of the style is proved by its singularly universal appearance throughout the Navies of Europe.
- This may account for the US Navies nomenclature as an Anglicization of the Dutch ‘Pijekkat, being a jacket made of ‘Pij’ (a coarse wool) cloth. Conversely, it may be from the shortening of the Belgium Navies term ‘Pilot’s Jacket’ to P. Jacket, then being misspelt / adapted to Pea Coat. The term ‘Pea Jacket’ is reputed to first appear in the Oxford English Dictionary between 1717 and 1723. ‘Pea Coat’ does not appear for another century.
Nav Gill From Scotland 25/09/2008
- Melton Wool Naval Pea Coat 740.
" I got the idea to search the internet for the name of the jacket and very easily found stuartslondon homepage. I ordered the jacket in the same size and colour of my old version (seven years old to be exact), paid with my creditcard and crossed my fingers. Just 4 days after I got the jacket and it was just perfect! Everything was just the same, also the quality!
Except that my girlfriend now enjoys to go for a walk with me again, rather than seeing me in my shabby old one.
Thank you very much Stuartslondon.com for this experience! It is nice that not everything changes in the world today. Knowing now where to get excellent service I am sure it wont take 7 seven until I will buy my next jacket. "
Wednesday, 24 September 2008
This baby isn't only just a smart dressy track jacket for going out in style, but with the help of FibreTronic has an incorporated feature above the wrist of the left arm for people who enjoy their i - Pods on the go.
FibreTronic - embedded intelligence states:
The soft keypad controller from Fibretronic is the most intuitive audio controller available for electronic textile applications. The keypad is flexible, yet tough and waterproof, designed for operation in all conditions including rain, snow and heat.
The soft design with 'Click' button feedback makes it perfect for controlling your audio player, without interfering with the look or function of your product.
Made for the i -Pod
Right that's all the tech' stuff out of the way..... what about the jacket?? Well its a new model based on the Mussi track jacket which was launched last year that never stops selling. The outer shell is combined with two forms of fabric, both made from polyester. Distinct yellow gold trim to match the embroidery Sergio Tacchini badge on the chest.
The zips pulls have been improved and made more stronger. All in all great style.
In stock now to buy at http://www.stuartslondon.com/
Remember you heard about this jacket here first......R.R.P £75.00
Jeffery-West Biography - 'Infamous English Shoes'
Northampton-produced footwear, this is the place to buy modern shoes and
accessories that nod, but don't scrape, to history."
If you are wearing the perfect outfit, the most luxurious bespoke pair of trousers,
even a crisp pair of jeans, if a man is
wearing an ugly pair of shoes then a whole look can be destroyed in an instance.
'Certainly, a good outfit and good shoes should go together -
for not even the best shoes can be guaranteed to rescue a questionable wardrobe.'
Step to the fore Mark Jeffery and Guy West, founders of Jeffery-West and purveyors
of seamlessly stylish, meticulously crafted Northampton-produced footwear.
is more than just purchasing a pair of shoes. It is like entering a gentlemen's club,
a place you will want to revisit time and time again.
Expect a level of luxury and comfort more in keeping with the elegance of the
heyday of British shoemaking - the ultimate age of skill and innovation.
traditional characteristics. But each and every style has its own signature 'twist' of originality
- hand burnished uppers, pointed lasts, diamond broguing, references to the George Cross,
influences form Gothic architecture and its infamous and much copied cleft heel.
Underpinning these is the Goodyear Welt (see Goodyear Welted Footwear) -
the best method for quality shoe construction yet devised.
With most footwear manufacturers farming out ubiquitous styles to be knocked up in the
Far East or opting for injection moulded plastic footwear and cemented sole units -
with cost durability and branding seemingly driving the footwear market in the
21st Century - it's refreshing indeed to see Jeffery-West's commitment to hand-finishing
over computer programming, ornamentation over blandness, and style with a huge degree
of substance. After all, it is well worth spending money on a decent pair of shoes.
Collection - we are an authorised retailer of Jeffery West .....enjoy the new
Saturday, 20 September 2008
These are the very first pair of Diadora trainers that Bjorn Borg wore during his Wimbledon career.
Each pair is numbered from 1 to 1976 which is the amount of pairs made and relates to the year of original production.
- The 100% Nappa leather upper - made to the finest spec and detail.
The inner leather footbed is removable
Rubber sole with contrast colour
Wednesday, 17 September 2008
Tuesday, 16 September 2008
- The Durham Walking jacket is a distinct new style which has been designed by Boxfresh LTD. Limited edition caollection available at stuartslondon.com
- The waxed jacket is a sleeker style with a more contemparay fit.
- The design has been adjusted to be worn not only out of the city but also in the city for evening wear.
This Fantastic jacket comes with a one year durability guarantee, if any manufactuers fault occur in the jacket within reason, it can be taken back to the Barbour after care service department.
Saturday, 13 September 2008
logo on to http://www.stuartslondon.com/ for the latest retro collection. Urban fashion such as Gio Goi gets stronger this season with the launch of new jackets and tops and tee's .
Lois cords are back in stock from october 2008 at stuartslondon.com so be sure to reserve your pair now, as stock is limited and will run out very fast.
7 Lois cord options are available accross 2 styles. Recto fit amd Marvin fit are availble in the iconic jumbo cords. Stuartslondon.com is proud to be an authorised stockist of lois cords.
Current brand list at stuartslondon.com:
Levis vintage, Sergio tacchini, Fila vintage, lacoste, gabicci 1973, farah vintage, baracuta, luke 1977, gio goi, fly 53, superdry, supremebeing, schott nyc, lacoste footwear, hilfiger denim, original penguin, k-swiss, converse, new balance, diadora heritage, fred perry, timberland, replay, pepe 1973, the list go on...more brnads can be seen online or in store at http://www.stuartslondon.com/